Monday, February 06, 2006

Caffeine and California Rolls

Jason and I had our 4-month doctor's appointment last Friday.
All is well with Baby P. and me. My blood pressure and weight are good and Baby P.'s heart rate, at 145 bpm, is "excellent," per the doc.

The best part of the appointment was hearing the heart beat again. Actually, the nurse had a difficult time finding it at first because Baby P. was jammin' so hard. She couldn't get the little rascal to be still long enough! Finally, she wrestled it down with her trusty Doppler wand long enough for us to hear the "swoosh-swoosh" of the heartbeat. My surprise was the random "thud-thud-thud" that I heard in addition to the heartbeat.

"What is that sound?" I asked our nurse.
"That is your Baby kicking you; can you feel it?" she replied.
I couldn't feel it yet as the amniotic fluid is protecting me from feeling it; Baby P. has to get a bit bigger...perhaps three or four weeks from now.

So, Jason and I had a fun evening out to celebrate. We went to our favorite, local Sushi place and ordered everything I could eat that did not have raw fish in it! California rolls, Vegetable rolls, Spider rolls...mmm...mmm...good. I tossed it down with the one Diet Coke I allow myself each week. It was delightful. I am really livin' large now!