People
Jason and I went to a Couple's Shower last weekend for his longtime friend, Jason Shoulders, and soon-to be wife Kelly. The party was great and the 'guests of honor' seemed to have a good time; they were peppered with lots of love and gifts to start their lives together.
What I found most appealing about the shower was the people who were there. A couple of times during the evening, I just looked around the room and was fascinated that I could see a timeline of my life weaved among the people there. Every memory was a good one, dating back to high school, and I counted myself so blessed to have taken a road that led me back to them all. Good people with open arms who, at different times , played important roles in my life...and even larger roles in Jason's life. How did I get so lucky to have people in my life like that? What did I do to deserve it?
The most important things in life are good people...truly, as nothing can touch your heart and soul like a hug from an old friend and a smile and well-wish from someone you know who cares.
I committ to surrounding Baby P. by such people and to teaching him/her that character counts among them.
What I found most appealing about the shower was the people who were there. A couple of times during the evening, I just looked around the room and was fascinated that I could see a timeline of my life weaved among the people there. Every memory was a good one, dating back to high school, and I counted myself so blessed to have taken a road that led me back to them all. Good people with open arms who, at different times , played important roles in my life...and even larger roles in Jason's life. How did I get so lucky to have people in my life like that? What did I do to deserve it?
The most important things in life are good people...truly, as nothing can touch your heart and soul like a hug from an old friend and a smile and well-wish from someone you know who cares.
I committ to surrounding Baby P. by such people and to teaching him/her that character counts among them.

<< Home