A Miracle
Anyone who has seen a sonogram picture, whether yours or someone elses, knows how amazing it is that modern technology makes it possible for us to see inside the human body, but nothing could have prepared me for the real joy you feel when you get to see your own developed baby inside you.
My week 6 sonogram was cool becuse we determined that the little rascal was indeed in there, and I loved seeing the heart beating away for confirmation that all was well.
But there is just nothing like seeing the Week 19/20 sonogram. There is simply nothing like it. In fact, I hesitate to even try putting into words what I felt on Monday when Jason and I were staring at the screen...waiting to see Baby P.
I was, of course, excited the entire week before, knowing that I was going to witness with my eyes what I had been feeling with my body. I was also nervous. If I have learned anything during my days it is that you can't control what happens to you...only how you choose to react to what happens to you, so I knew that God was in control. Knowing this did not keep the butterflies from fluttering. One of the three pregnancy books I am reading gives a detailed description of what the sonographer is looking for in the 19/20 week sonogram...the list is long...and I so wanted the sonographer to find that all was well.
Our sonographer got everything prepared, and put her wand on my belly. She had the sound turned down, so my senses were truly focused on watching the screen...and there he/she was!
Skull, brain, spine, ribs, heart, arms, legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes....you could even see Baby P.'s teeth. Everything was formed just as God had intended, and I breathed a quiet sigh of relief.
Then joy swept over me, as she showed us Baby P.'s profile. What a little cutie!
Then, she showed us a front view of Baby P.'s face...it must have been a late night because Baby P. was yawning! I loved it!
It didn't take long to finish, and she confirmed that everything looked normal.
Jason and I took our pictures and sat to wait to speak to Dr. Culpepper. I guess I had too much time to reflect while seated, as I began to cry. Poor Jason, he didn't know what was going on ;-)!
It was all just such a miracle...three months prior, all we could see was a little black beating spot on the screen...an embryo the size of a grain of rice. Today, Baby P. is 5 to 6 inches long, and moving around inside me like it owns the place!
It is just such a miracle. My words don't do this justice.
Thank you, God, for the silver linings with which you continue to blanket Jason and me.
I would change nothing that has occurred in my life, as all roads have led me here.
My week 6 sonogram was cool becuse we determined that the little rascal was indeed in there, and I loved seeing the heart beating away for confirmation that all was well.
But there is just nothing like seeing the Week 19/20 sonogram. There is simply nothing like it. In fact, I hesitate to even try putting into words what I felt on Monday when Jason and I were staring at the screen...waiting to see Baby P.
I was, of course, excited the entire week before, knowing that I was going to witness with my eyes what I had been feeling with my body. I was also nervous. If I have learned anything during my days it is that you can't control what happens to you...only how you choose to react to what happens to you, so I knew that God was in control. Knowing this did not keep the butterflies from fluttering. One of the three pregnancy books I am reading gives a detailed description of what the sonographer is looking for in the 19/20 week sonogram...the list is long...and I so wanted the sonographer to find that all was well.
Our sonographer got everything prepared, and put her wand on my belly. She had the sound turned down, so my senses were truly focused on watching the screen...and there he/she was!
Skull, brain, spine, ribs, heart, arms, legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes....you could even see Baby P.'s teeth. Everything was formed just as God had intended, and I breathed a quiet sigh of relief.
Then joy swept over me, as she showed us Baby P.'s profile. What a little cutie!
Then, she showed us a front view of Baby P.'s face...it must have been a late night because Baby P. was yawning! I loved it!
It didn't take long to finish, and she confirmed that everything looked normal.
Jason and I took our pictures and sat to wait to speak to Dr. Culpepper. I guess I had too much time to reflect while seated, as I began to cry. Poor Jason, he didn't know what was going on ;-)!
It was all just such a miracle...three months prior, all we could see was a little black beating spot on the screen...an embryo the size of a grain of rice. Today, Baby P. is 5 to 6 inches long, and moving around inside me like it owns the place!
It is just such a miracle. My words don't do this justice.
Thank you, God, for the silver linings with which you continue to blanket Jason and me.
I would change nothing that has occurred in my life, as all roads have led me here.

<< Home