Wednesday, June 21, 2006

32 days left...

Yup. I'm ready, and I don't mean b/c the nursery is done, the showers are finished, etc. etc.

I mean my body, mind and spirit have all met at the crossroads on this pregnancy journey, and they took a unanimous vote to follow the sign that reads, "Go to the light Baby P."

My body is tired. My mind is wondering. And my spirit is saving space for someone other than me. Survival is the name of the game at this point. I put my happy face on for all who see me (except sometimes Jason, who knows that I am...let's see, what did I say this morning... "DONE.")

But inside, I am literally taking it one day at a time, trying to remember the lessons I have learned, to be gracious to those who cross my path, and thankful to be a woman who has the opportunity to experience God's ultimate miracle.

Then, the baby kicks me again, sending an electric-like shot through my cervix, and I look down at my lopsided belly and say, "Munchkin, go to the light!"